Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 04.10.2008, 10:01
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

Цитата:
At what point do you generally take a break from training when you have injuries or symptoms of exhaustion (from overtraining)? I find that most people, myself included, have a tendency to overdo it to try to "work through" the pain.
it depends. if it's just at some random point in the year, then taking an extra day off is no problem, but in the case of training for a fight, it's a different story since you have a fixed date. if you take an extra day off, the fight day doesn't move any further out.

so if you only have, say, 84 training days to prepare, taking extra days off can really start to add up to a significant percentage of you total available training days.

the problem is further compounded by the issue of volume. in other words, you NEED to complete a certain amount of work at each training session in order to achieve a certain level of preparedness.

for instance, in the case of fighting in a tournament like the Kuoshu or Taiji Legacy, if you want to make it all the way to the top spot, you may have to fight three or four times, and in order to be truly prepared you have to assume that each fight will go the full three rounds, which means that by the end of your training cycle you need to be able to complete 9-12 rounds.

so for instance, i was running a lot of stairs as part of my conditioning routine, and at 32 and being 230 pounds, it's a lot of abuse on my knees to run that many circuits of stairs, but due to various conditions, it happened to be the best method i had available to me at the time, so i just had to deal with it and hope that my knee didn't disintegrate.