Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 27.11.2008, 01:32
VEB VEB вне форума

Цитата:
wow! things are starting to take off on the ILC forum. it's exciting to see.
All it takes is just a few talkative (or typative) persons have 10 minutes each day to read some posts and write a small one of theirs. And then it starts growing very fast .

Цитата:
however, peter's first post was about "high level skill", and i think that only a few can really "get it all". after all, everything is based on causes and conditions, and i think that for most, the condition just doesn't exist to reach the high, high level of skill.
I do agree that most probably not many will "get it all". However, as I see it, unless we are talking of some seriusly physically or mentally disabled people, most people have a potential to get to the high levels, even inspite of the differences they have.

Basically, there are some musts for gettig to the high levels - physical condition, mental conditions, enough practice, etc.

Every person has his personal limit (bottleneck) that prevents his fast progress in the martial art. Furthermore, this limit is not static, as times goes by this shifts.

E.g. person can initially have too bad physical condition and be unable to simply do any long-enough exrecises. After, e.g. 6 months of some exrecises, he gets stronger and can do more training. But now his limiting factor becomes, e.g. his level of consionsness. If he simply continues paying more attention to the physical part of the training, he will get little progress even in spite of training hard enough.
Anyway, let's imagine that the person found a way to improve his primarily limiting factor now - his consiusness. Now he really needs to do the exercises and he will get fast progress. But...
For some reason or the other he gets lazy. He does not want to anything. And gets little progress again. And now the limiting factor is quite a different thing.

And it all goes on and on again, with other limiting factors getting in - family, job, illnesses, etc.

As a result very few will "get it all".

Actually, as I see it, ILiqChuan offers a really great(the best that I know) methodology that shows results in many aspects/bottlenecks.

However, what really is also very beneficial is a good teacher/master/shifu who can see what each studend needs at this time, what is his bottleneck, what blocks his progress. And shifu tries to lead the student the best way for him to get it all.

Thus, I'm glad that I found IliqChuan, I'm glad that it has it's great and proven methodology, I'm glad that it has living masters that you can at least visit sometimes and get their hints on what ones current limiting factor is.