Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 01.12.2008, 23:39
Chris Newell Chris Newell вне форума

I guess it's only a matter of time as long as you have the right attitude and access to good instructors to correct your practice from time to time. That is total time spent training as well as the length of your life. It's about personal progress, teaching others can be difficult, and this art is tricky because we tend not to accumulate an endless series of techniques. See Zen ref. In business, success/achievement is often related to 90% hardwork and 10% talent and a good dose of luck, commitment is critical.
We are also working with an art with internal and external aspects and the mind and the body have to be united as part of our progress. I think that the reality is that higher level skills are hard to acheive and for most people unless you can train for hours a day it will be very difficult, but you never know, the possibility is there and for some students this will be easier than for others. Previous experience may or may not be helpful.
Clearly some people will find ILC more attractive than other martial arts, I like it because it's simple, some people I know like to make to make their training complicated, beleiving that makes it more sophisticated and adds depth.