Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 09.02.2009, 17:43
VEB VEB вне форума

Цитата:
A friend of mine recently went on a diet which emphasizes small portions of healthy foods at mealtimes and zero snacking between meals. He mentioned that his energy levels have increased tremendously in the few weeks he has followed this approach to eating.

I've also started to cut back on meal sizes and stopped nibbling between meals, and likewise feel a greater sense of well-being and stronger life energy. So in a certain sense, rather than working to 'develop' this life energy, just by eating less I am "freeing" the energy by avoiding the consumption of unnecessary calories. Fasting is said to boost mental clarity and energy - perhaps eating less has similar benefits on a smaller scale?

Peter
Personally to me your recommendations would not work. I have between slim and medium body. My person level of energy has substantially grown within the last year, when I started eating more and gained over 10 kilos.

According to Ayurveda there are 3 major body types (Doshas) and some mixes of it. For each body type there is good/healthy for him/her nutrition type, physical activity levels, mental practices, etc. Keeping some “good for everyone” approach can harm some people, while benefit others. Unfortunately, it’s a common practice to see books, fitness programs, etc. done without taking these important things into account. And Ayurveda guys really gathered some nice info.

BTW, here is a link to quickly find out your predominant body type (individual Doshas mix):

http://www.indiaoz.com.au/health/ayu...bodytype.shtml