Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 10.02.2009, 17:34
Peter Peter вне форума

Цитата:
Personally to me your recommendations would not work.
I guess it was more of an observation about myself than a recommendation - as you said, everybody is different and needs to find their own sense of balance in life.

I recently read that "fitness and health are two different things", i.e., fitness is related to muscle tone and strength, while health is related to the internal organs and "life-energy" issues. I mix up the concepts of fitness and health sometimes - I assume that fit people are healthy, and that healthy people are fit, although I know this is not always the case (think of very 'fit' young athletes who die unexpectedly of heart problems, or of feeble, 'unfit' old ladies who outlive their own kids and grandkids).

So do efforts to maintain our fitness also benefit our health, or just make us look and feel better without really improving our underlying health? Are there 'health exercises' which are separate from general fitness training (endurance/strength/flexibility) - maybe something along the lines of the 15 basic exercises performed as Chi kung/Nei kung exercises?

Peter