Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 03.05.2009, 02:37
Chris Newell Chris Newell вне форума

Цитата:
I've heard some people describe ILC as a kind of "Fighting Taiji", but Sifu makes it quite clear that while ILC is based on Taiji and Zen principles (yin/yang etc.), it is definitely not a form of Taijiquan. So how would you guys describe the art of I Liq Chuan to others?

Peter
Most other martial arts are based on accumulating physical techniques.
Sam does describe ILC as a “Martial art of awareness” and I think it’s the fusion of the mindfulness practice with the movement (based on tai chi principles) that makes ILC unique. We try and bring the Zen practice of being fully aware in the moment to movement and martial application.
So ideally you are relaxed and adaptable to the situation and can absorb and project energy as required to suit the circumstances.
We practice by developing improved tactile and such-ness feel. Such-ness feel is, in my experience, transcendent and quiet short lived. Tactile feel requires the development of concentration and attention and this leads to rational analysis of what we are doing and how we do it. The object is to increase such-ness feel (that is associated with practice and repetition (right practice and attitude etc)) as well as a clear rational understanding of what and how we are ‘doing it’. Then drop the analysis and just do it.