I Liq Chuan International Fourm

Вернуться   I Liq Chuan International Fourm > Iliqchuan in the World > Main Forum

Закрытая тема

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 18.02.2009, 02:16
Marty Marty вне форума

Цитата:
you can view some of the photos i took here

sorry some of the shots are so blurry, but my blackberry seems to only take really clear shots when i'm outside with plenty of light. otherwise they seem hazy.

also, thanks to everyone from ILC Russia for the gifts brought along by victor!
Nice photos Ashe. They make me regret even more not having been able to be there.
Старый 18.02.2009, 02:30
Bmeeks0 Bmeeks0 вне форума

Цитата:
you can view some of the photos i took here

sorry some of the shots are so blurry, but my blackberry seems to only take really clear shots when i'm outside with plenty of light. otherwise they seem hazy.

also, thanks to everyone from ILC Russia for the gifts brought along by victor!
Thanks for sharing. Looks like it was a blast.
Старый 18.02.2009, 23:53
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

Цитата:
Thanks for the clarification. I understand the concept and have heard it referred to as having great sensitivity. I just never heard Sifu use the term spider web before. Of course it makes sense and does help one visualize the concept.
it's more of an analogy than an official term

i.e. "the feeling is like a spider web"

i was looking forward to meeting you, so i was bummed you didn't make it as well.
Старый 19.02.2009, 05:44
ben ben вне форума

I got out of the workshop the need to spin more slowly, to work slowly through each element of the spin while evaluating my structure using the spinning force of coordination to ensure that I'm moving correctly.

As always, the intensive was inspiring, and I'll be training much harder in the near future to work on this stuff.
Старый 19.02.2009, 18:09
Peter Peter вне форума

Цитата:
I got out of the workshop the need to spin more slowly, to work slowly through each element of the spin while evaluating my structure using the spinning force of coordination to ensure that I'm moving correctly.
Ben,
Nice to meet you at the Intensive. I got out of the workshop the need to understand the underlying concepts and principles better. As my understanding grows, I hope my spinning ability will also improve. One step at a time.
Peter
Старый 20.02.2009, 06:40
Qiang Qiang вне форума

I realized at this intensive that my ability to physically manifest circle to center and center to center is lacking. Doing the 5th circle made it clear to me that I'm no where near precise enough in my spinning.
Старый 20.02.2009, 15:23
ben ben вне форума

Цитата:
Ben,
Nice to meet you at the Intensive. I got out of the workshop the need to understand the underlying concepts and principles better. As my understanding grows, I hope my spinning ability will also improve. One step at a time.
Peter
It was nice meeting you too. Definitely one step at a time.

One more thing I was thinking about last night was the importance of feeling the fingertips as they land during the spinning to pull exercise. Sifu has probably talked about this before but it was the first time I was able to pay attention to it.
Старый 20.02.2009, 15:50
Peter Peter вне форума

Цитата:
I realized at this intensive that my ability to physically manifest circle to center and center to center is lacking. Doing the 5th circle made it clear to me that I'm no where near precise enough in my spinning.
Hi Qiang - ok, I just figured out who you are - the famous master of meditation. You seemed very precise to me when we spun, so I guess preciseness is all relative to whom you are spinning with. BTW, I enjoyed listening to you play the guitar at the Intensive.

Peter
Старый 21.02.2009, 06:02
Qiang Qiang вне форума

Цитата:
Hi Qiang - ok, I just figured out who you are - the famous master of meditation. You seemed very precise to me when we spun, so I guess preciseness is all relative to whom you are spinning with. BTW, I enjoyed listening to you play the guitar at the Intensive.
Yeah, it's me, Johnny. I hide behind my Chinese name.

I guess precision is relative. It's good you didn't hear me flub the notes on the guitar. That's another thing I don't practice nearly enough.
Старый 09.03.2009, 23:11
Peter Peter вне форума

Hi Ashe,

You took some notes while you were at the Intensive, and have now had time to reflect about what you learned there - would you like to share some of your thoughts with the rest of us?

Peter
Закрытая тема