I Liq Chuan International Fourm

Вернуться   I Liq Chuan International Fourm > Iliqchuan in the World > Main Forum

Закрытая тема

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 09.02.2009, 17:43
VEB VEB вне форума

Цитата:
A friend of mine recently went on a diet which emphasizes small portions of healthy foods at mealtimes and zero snacking between meals. He mentioned that his energy levels have increased tremendously in the few weeks he has followed this approach to eating.

I've also started to cut back on meal sizes and stopped nibbling between meals, and likewise feel a greater sense of well-being and stronger life energy. So in a certain sense, rather than working to 'develop' this life energy, just by eating less I am "freeing" the energy by avoiding the consumption of unnecessary calories. Fasting is said to boost mental clarity and energy - perhaps eating less has similar benefits on a smaller scale?

Peter
Personally to me your recommendations would not work. I have between slim and medium body. My person level of energy has substantially grown within the last year, when I started eating more and gained over 10 kilos.

According to Ayurveda there are 3 major body types (Doshas) and some mixes of it. For each body type there is good/healthy for him/her nutrition type, physical activity levels, mental practices, etc. Keeping some “good for everyone” approach can harm some people, while benefit others. Unfortunately, it’s a common practice to see books, fitness programs, etc. done without taking these important things into account. And Ayurveda guys really gathered some nice info.

BTW, here is a link to quickly find out your predominant body type (individual Doshas mix):

http://www.indiaoz.com.au/health/ayu...bodytype.shtml
Старый 10.02.2009, 16:46
Bmeeks0 Bmeeks0 вне форума

Цитата:
I'm curious what kind of fitness routines you might do in addition to ILC to stay in shape.

Peter
I have a bar for pull ups, some free weights I don't use that much, and a heavy bag.
Старый 10.02.2009, 17:34
Peter Peter вне форума

Цитата:
Personally to me your recommendations would not work.
I guess it was more of an observation about myself than a recommendation - as you said, everybody is different and needs to find their own sense of balance in life.

I recently read that "fitness and health are two different things", i.e., fitness is related to muscle tone and strength, while health is related to the internal organs and "life-energy" issues. I mix up the concepts of fitness and health sometimes - I assume that fit people are healthy, and that healthy people are fit, although I know this is not always the case (think of very 'fit' young athletes who die unexpectedly of heart problems, or of feeble, 'unfit' old ladies who outlive their own kids and grandkids).

So do efforts to maintain our fitness also benefit our health, or just make us look and feel better without really improving our underlying health? Are there 'health exercises' which are separate from general fitness training (endurance/strength/flexibility) - maybe something along the lines of the 15 basic exercises performed as Chi kung/Nei kung exercises?

Peter
Старый 10.02.2009, 18:01
VEB VEB вне форума

Цитата:
I guess it was more of an observation about myself than a recommendation - as you said, everybody is different and needs to find their own sense of balance in life.
Exactly. And that's why I showed my own example that is different from yours. Same things (in this case - less frequent meals and fewer calories) can do both good and harm. We need to know the nature of things and ourselves and "be present in moment" - do right things in our own situations.

[/quote]
So do efforts to maintain our fitness also benefit our health, or just make us look and feel better without really improving our underlying health?[/quote]

I guess it again can be everything here - it can bring some benefit to our health, it can do nothing, it can do harm. All depends on who does something, what he does, to what extent, etc. But overall, for most people, considering current lifestyle I guess that our fitness and exercises we do typically bring benefit to our health.

Vlad
Старый 10.02.2009, 22:06
Marty Marty вне форума

IMO health benefits should be ancillary to one's life pursuits and not a goal in itself unless one is sick or sickly and then only for a restorative purpose. My list of all the ways that I might wish to be remembered when I die which can be inscribed on my tombstone does not include "died in the pursuit of health" or "died healthy".
Старый 12.02.2009, 02:34
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

Цитата:
A friend of mine recently went on a diet which emphasizes small portions of healthy foods at mealtimes and zero snacking between meals. He mentioned that his energy levels have increased tremendously in the few weeks he has followed this approach to eating.
i would say that the boost in energy is the result of cleaning up your diet and the boost many feel from fasting.
Старый 18.02.2009, 07:04
Qiang Qiang вне форума

Цитата:
I'm curious what kind of fitness routines you might do in addition to ILC to stay in shape.
[stuff snipped]
Spinning is also a surprisingly good workout - I noticed that after about an hour of spinning last week, all the participants were sweating buckets.

So what do you do (if anything) to stay in shape?

Peter
Since I don't have a training partner for heavy spinning, my conditioning is almost completely non-ILC based. My routine consists of rope skipping and the occasional track sprints for my cardio. I prefer bodyweight and gymnastics exercises for my strength conditioning, but I'm currently doing deadlifts, squats, and weighted pull ups and dips to add a more mass to my slim frame. I'd love to add in some yoga, but my gym doesn't have a particularly good yoga class; I don't want to pay for classes at the yoga studio.
Старый 18.02.2009, 07:11
Qiang Qiang вне форума

Цитата:

I've also started to cut back on meal sizes and stopped nibbling between meals, and likewise feel a greater sense of well-being and stronger life energy. So in a certain sense, rather than working to 'develop' this life energy, just by eating less I am "freeing" the energy by avoiding the consumption of unnecessary calories. Fasting is said to boost mental clarity and energy - perhaps eating less has similar benefits on a smaller scale?
Personally, I think eating more often is the way to go. I agree with Ashe that the energy boost is probably from a cleaned up diet and not from cutting back on calories. Both my wife and I get groggy and irritable if we don't eat throughout the day (3 meals plus lots of snacks, or 5-6 small meals).
Старый 19.02.2009, 05:49
ben ben вне форума

Everybody's different. Fitness wise, before I got sick, I was doing some plyometrics and a little bit of other stuff, but my main focus was doing heavy spinning.

After the intensive, my plan is to work on the wrapping exercises with tension as much as is healthy, and go on a lot of walks with my wife. (and heavy spinning)

In terms of diet... I feel best on a diet of medium-large sized meals, two a day, with no snacking. For social reasons i can't really stick to this diet, but I find if my last meal of the day is relatively early (say 6ish) and my first meal of the day is relatively late (Noonish) I feel good. But I know this kind of thing isn't for everyone, and I kind of have to get myself up for it...
Старый 19.02.2009, 06:11
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

Цитата:
Since I don't have a training partner for heavy spinning, my conditioning is almost completely non-ILC based.
i'm in the same boat right now. it's such a bummer, que no?

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск