I Liq Chuan International Fourm

Вернуться   I Liq Chuan International Fourm > Iliqchuan in the World > Main Forum

Закрытая тема

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 02.12.2008, 23:10
Peter Peter вне форума

Цитата:
I see, I guess it's also a very common problem. Even if there are some people to do training with, these people might be of much lower level in skills, so they might provide very few opportunities for being educated by them.
You'd be surprised how much you can learn through trying to explain ILC principles & basic exercises to new people. It makes you see what you are doing in a completely different light, and helps to deepen your own understanding.

Peter
Старый 02.12.2008, 23:24
Chris Newell Chris Newell вне форума

Good quality partner training is critical and an integral part of this art. Fortunately we have a stong group here in Perth and there are lots of members with different energies and 'feels' to train with. I think that you need to be able to externalise the feeling via the partner and you need that point of contact to really get a sense of feedback to assess your progress.
Старый 03.12.2008, 16:33
Miro Miro вне форума

Отправить сообщение для Miro с помощью Skype™
По умолчанию What is ability?

Цитата:
Hey Marty, Ashe, Veggiecook, Miro & VEB,

Thanks for your feedback. My original question, as Ashe noted, was simply "what kind of "real", practical skill level can people get?" if they train ILC on a regular basis.

I think we agree that through careful, regular training, most people should be able to develop and fine-tune their ILC skills within the limits of their own ability, which will differ greatly from person to person due to health, previous experience and any number of other factors.

The above comments made clear to me, however, that there are many other reasons to train, benefits that go beyond achieving a practical skill level .... it can help the practioner to develop self-awareness, and the training process itself can be enjoyable, challenging and sociable, as well as doing much to promote one's general health and sense of well-being.

My hope is to be able to attain a high level of real, practical skill, while also appreciating all the other benefits of training I Liq Chuan.

Peter
Yes, "most people should be able to develop and fine-tune their ILC skills within the limits of their own ability... " but I think that they stay on the reached level only if they believe in the "real existence" of their limits or abilities.

Because, physical factors like health, fitness, flexibility and endurance can improve thanks the training and they can enable the practitioner's further development. There are of course, some conditions, one can't or don't want to change - like age, physical handicaps, weight, character. But other physical and mental factors - like e.g. relaxation, unification of the body, balance, understanding of principles, and above all the awareness can overweight those negative restrictions.

The previous experience doesn't count so much in I Liq Chuan. It can be an advantage at the beginning but on the other side, it takes a lot of effort to get rid of some habits. Even worse if one doesn't realize them at all.

So, at least the above limits seem not to be real. As VEB said in one of his earlier post, the limits move with the time.

Maybe we should define our own limits not in a restrictive way - that means as things we cannot do.
Maybe should the limits be seen more like a fuzzy field consisting form things one can realize now. But the more relaxed he looks, paradoxically, the better and more he can see:-).

Miro
Закрытая тема