I Liq Chuan International Fourm

Вернуться   I Liq Chuan International Fourm > Iliqchuan in the World > Main Forum

Закрытая тема

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 20.01.2009, 11:58
Peter Peter вне форума

По умолчанию The martial aspects of I Liq Chuan?

Has anyone had a chance to use I Liq Chuan either against other martial artists or to escape from a threatening situation? Do you feel it provides a good system of defense against punches, throws, kicks, etc?

Since I come from more of a grappling background, I always felt rather exposed and at a loss when I sparred with strikers (my tendency was just to grab them and throw them to the ground). After a year of ILC training, I feel much more comfortable in dealing with threats which come from punches and strikes.

Peter
Старый 21.01.2009, 03:00
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

i always attribute any troubles i may have in dealing with an individual to my own lack of skill.

the Sifu seems to be almost invincible so i think ILC is a pretty good system to train, it just depends on how far down the road you get.
Старый 21.01.2009, 04:14
Steve Bobs Steve Bobs вне форума

I wondered the same thing, is this art good for 'real' situations ?

I had a 'real' situation some time back now. It was all over very quickly. I found myself spinning his punches away, then jamming him and shouting at him that he was wasting his time. I let him go with the promise that if he started back up I would be forced to hurt him else we could just forget about it. We let it go, I didn't punch, kick or attack.

Ilc has given me the skill and confidence not to have to think aggressively or particularly defensively, just to stay in the moment and then direct it in the direction I choose.

I reckon it's better to not have to use it
Старый 24.01.2009, 12:53
Peter Peter вне форума

Цитата:
Ilc has given me the skill and confidence not to have to think aggressively or particularly defensively, just to stay in the moment and then direct it in the direction I choose.
I like that - not having to think aggressively or defensively, but just staying in the moment. Nicely put.

Since it's in line with this topic, I thought I'd quote Sifu from his book:
"It normally takes about five years under my guidance to acquire a high standard, and maybe three years to acquire good self defense capability, providing the students apply what they have been taught in the class and practice regularly."

I find this statement very motivating, and look forward to what the next few years of training bring.

Peter
Старый 29.01.2009, 11:06
Peter Peter вне форума

There is a good discussion of this topic on the Internet:
Цитата:
I've touched hands with a few I Liq Chuan guys and they were good. I practice tai chi myself but I have no doubt that I Liq Chuan is a lot more martially effective then a lot of tai chi out there. Out of the 4 guys I crossed hands each of them had a good ability of controlling the center at touch and by their own admission none of them was at a particularly high level in their school (between 2-4 years of experience).
http://www.thetaobums.com/I-Liq-Chuan-t5852.html
Старый 30.01.2009, 08:15
Steve Bobs Steve Bobs вне форума

Great link Peter.

I've just got the "nei Jia Quan' book that Jess O'Brien wrote and Sikung has a excellent interview in it.

Thanks
Закрытая тема